Knee injection for arthritis – This article emphasizes on the natural ways to relieve arthritis knee pain effectively. Knee pain can restrict your movement and can greatly influence your daily life activities.
1. Limiting activities is one way of relieving knee joint pain. Avoid long walks, running or jumping. For instance, instead of stairs, the patient should use an escalator. Excessive exertion can accelerate the damage in already worn out joints.
2. Light aerobic exercises like hamstring set exercises, heel slide, straight leg raise and static hold exercises, knee extension with leg lift, flexion and extension, assisted knee flexion are some exercises that may be practiced at home for relieving knee joint pain.
3. Walking with the support of a cane serves as an effective pain reliever in case of knee arthritis. However while using cane, one should keep in mind to hold the cane in the hand opposite to the leg with the affected knee, and the cane under the guidance of an orthopedic doctor, should be of the appropriate height.
4. Knee braces or ace bandages may be used to give external support to the ailing joint. This helps in checking pain after an activity, and also controls swelling.
5. Reduction in body weight reduces the load on the knee joint. Thus weight reduction is one way of pain reduction.
6. Omega3 fatty acids are essential for mending damaged joints. Sweet water fishes like tuna, salmon, herring, sardines etc are rich in omega3 fatty acids. Also fresh vegetables like broccoli, fruits like banana, grapes and pineapple, flavonoid rich food items can prove beneficial for treating an aching knee.
7. Green tea is rich in antioxidants that have bone boosting properties. Therefore it may be used as a pain relieving means.
8. Cortisone injection for mild arthritis, and Gold injection and methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis are used these days for suppressing knee joint pain.
9. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs are helpful in reducing knee pain and swelling. Aspirin is one example of such drug.
10. Glucosamine supplements are capable of restoring and rebuilding cartilages, and are therefore used by countless people all over the world as a remedial measure against knee pain.
11. Ice therapy is a proven means to reduce pain. Ice cube wrapped in fabric may be rubbed on the aching joint to get comfort and relief from pain.
12. Breathable, self-adhesive compression bandages may be used for results. They will prevent fluid accumulation within the knee joint.
13. Elevating knee with the help of pillows can reduce pain and swelling, as it drains away the fluid that could have collected within the knee joint.
14. A warm cozy ambience can ease painful situations.
15. Boswelia and bromelain herbs are clinically proven pain reducing agents.
16. If pain becomes intolerable, and makes the patient gradually move towards disability, knee replacement surgery could be a way out.